[kde-linux] In KMail templates how to eliminate the > symbols

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Jul 10 23:34:10 UTC 2009

Steve Smoult <steve.smoult at laposte.net> posted
200907101642.19733.steve.smoult at laposte.net, excerpted below, on  Fri, 10
Jul 2009 16:42:19 +0200:

> I suppose it might be clearer if I said that I do not want to show
> quotes?  Or indents or italics either.  I use a ************* in the
> template to separate each successive mail.
>
> Why do I have long mails?  Well, a friend of mine in London (I am in
> Paris) sends me what-to-do instructions to get Slackware up and running
> and I try to keep the subjects separate but in one mail, ie a set of
> long mails according to subjects.  Sometimes I have 5/6 or more e-mails
> going and if I break them down into smaller ones it makes going back to
> earlier points a little laborious.  If I remove the > symbols with the
> edit command in KMail, or with emacs, that is a hassle and I still have
> the indents.  If I do not do it with each mail then when I actually do
> it I have words all over the place at the end of the mail.
>
> So how to get no indents, no italics, no >'s.   That is the question.

OK, "I see the problem" now.  Unfortunately, I don't have an answer. =:^(

Of course, /my/ problem is people like you removing the > indicators so
the color-coded quotes feature doesn't work and the post is a mess, all
on the same quote-level, regardless of vertical separation, because often
my reply is interleaved with the quote, replying to each point in turn.
But to each his own, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up, as at least I'm sure I know what you
are trying to do now.  I simply couldn't quite "glark" (see kdict/jargon/
foldoc definition if necessary) it, before.