[kde-linux] svg graphics in konqueror

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Jan 28 23:30:01 UTC 2009

Reimar Bauer wrote:
> Hi
>
> currently I use the KDE4.1.3 which comes with opensuse 11.1.
>
> Can a newer version show that svg image
>
> http://moinmo.in/ConvertibleFormats?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=example.svg
>
> similiar to firefox 3.0.5
>
> If not is there a trick how it can do so?

Sorry, but there isn't a trick.

KDE-3.5 BRANCH works except that the SVN viewer doesn't do scroll bars
in KDE 3.5.

KDE-4.2.00 has scroll bars but screws up seriously.  When you download,
the lettering was not shown.  So, I looked as the source and the letters
are SVG and it renders correctly in Squiggle (the Apache SVG browser).

So, I would say that this is a bug in 4.2.00 and I would suggest that
you file a bug report.  Advise me of the number and I will confirm it
for you.

--
JRT