[kde-linux] problem with my USB keys on my eeePc 4G

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 00:39:31 UTC 2009

Randy Kramer wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2009 10:33 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
>> I still haven't seen any mention of which distro he's using, but just
>>
> as a
>
>> comparison, here is what mtab says when I have a usb key mounted
>>
> (under the
>
>> EeePC's Xandros, with the Advanced Desktop, therefore an old version
>>
> of KDE3):
>
>> /dev/sdc1 /media/USB\040Flash\040Memory/partition1 vfat
>>

> rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,fmask=0111,dmask=0000,codepage=cp850,iocharset=utf8,shortname=mixed
>
>> 0 0
>>

> Anne,
>
> Thanks!
>
> Guess we need to hear from Guillaume again.
>
> Randy Kramer

I'm a Gentoo user but when I mount a memory stick or something new, I
just type in mount and see what is at the bottom.  That should be the
last device that was mounted if it was mounted automatically.  If
nothing is there, type in cat /proc/partitions to get a list of devices
that are available and look for something new there.  If needed, unplug
the device and see what is missing.

If needed, a person could mount manually and set permissions that way.

Dale

:-)  :-)