[kde-linux] Icon only window

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Wed Jan 14 20:04:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I want to have a window with program icons, that I can click on to execute.

I managed that with Konqueror and a profile:
   konqueror --profile icones "/home/alain/setup/Antigos"
and configuring a profile that I want...

BUT:
- I want to eliminate the Tabs, I managed that editing
~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc in [FMSettings]
   AlwaysTabbedMode=false
but this disables tabs for all Konqueror session... HOW can I do it in
the profile??? I tested isung a different config (with --config file)
but then the option does not work...

- Can I make anything to have the same behaviour as the Desktop,
specialy the .desktop extention???

- where can I find a list of options for the profile file???

I found this:
- on Kunbuntu 8.04 (KDE 3.5.10) I could not disable the menu, because
menukeys stop working. I did find in the profile that I created with
Mandriva the configlines:
   [Main Window Settings]
   MenuBar=Disabled
eliminated the menu... and it worked just fine in Kubuntu.

- I could eliminate the Status line adding to [Profile]:
   ViewT0_ShowStatusBar=false

As you can see, I want a similar behaviour as I can easely achieve with
windows (since 3.11). The problem is that I end up with too many icons
and I want to group them somehow.

Thanks for any help,
Alain