[kde-linux] stupid samba

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 5 03:27:56 UTC 2009

This doesn't really have anything to do with KDE, perhaps, but I used
KDE as my primary desktop, so thought I'd ask.

I have a file server sitting here at home, running Debian Etch. It has
three file shares on it. I just want to simply share full access to the
bloody things with all comers on our home network.

Right now, I can access the shares and create files in them, but
whenever I try to modify a file I created, I get the message that I
don't have permission to modify my own file!

How can I get back the convenient, plain-old, no-real-security file
shares I used to have?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com