[kde-linux] kde4 : Standard kde application menu with a click on the background screen

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Sun Jan 4 12:05:48 UTC 2009

On Sunday 04 January 2009 at 5:06 am, Anne Wilson penned
about "Re: [kde-linux] kde4 : Standard kde application menu with a click on the background screen"

> On Sunday 04 January 2009 08:39:36 christophe wrote:
> >
> > Yes, i also think it's a showstopper .
>
> Does it have to be from absolutely anywhere on the desktop?

For me, yes it does.  I have eight virtual desktops with some
cluttered with windows and some not.  When I use the mouse-menu, I
look for a random free spot on my desktop and click away.

> You can install a widget to desktop for the menu, if that helps

I don't think it'd help in my case because I'd always have to keep a
spot open (no window on it) for that widget.  Further, I have a
1920x1600 display.  If my widget were near 1920x1600 and my mouse
cursor was near the origin, I'd have to mouse clear to the other
side.  Too inefficient.

I wish the good developers would bring back the mouse-menu.  I was
actually hoping in KDE 4.x that we'd have mouse-menu trees (the
ability to create sub-menus) ... not get rid of the mouse-menu!  :)

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)