[kde-linux] kweather in KDE 4.2

Rosalind Mitchell rcmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:12:41 UTC 2009

I've missed kweather, I really have.  It gives me information in a much more
pleasing format and much more succinctly than the LCD Weather Widget (where it
is forever 7°C outside and right now it is raining even though the stars are
shining through my window).

I can download kweather for KDE 4.2.  I can google and find all sorts of
information about it apart from make it work.  I can run kweatherservice and
kweatherreport from a command line.  What I can't do is find out how to install
it in my panel, and how to set it up in the summary screen of kontact.

I've searched Google and can find no answer to this.  Clearly somebody thinks
it works or it wouldn't be available and documented.  It must be me who is
doing something wrong.

I'm running KDE 4.2 under kubuntu intrepid.  Any ideas?

Rosie