[kde-linux] System -> Printing doesn't work.

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 22:24:09 UTC 2009

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009 21:37:29 Dale wrote:
>
>> I just in the past week installed KDE 4.2.0-r3 and it still lacks a LOT
>> of things.
>>

> Such as?  It's not perfect, but very little is missing now.  You are aware, I
> presume, that many features are included, but work differently?
>
> Ask about specific things and we may be able to help.
>
> Anne

Well, one thing that I recall off the top of my head is not being able
to switch to root in system settings.  You can do it on the command line
but it is not working as it should.  Also, Kppp would crash while trying
to set up my connection.  No debug info was given so nothing to file.  I
tried several times but it just crashed each time.  I can't have a
desktop that won't let me connect to the net.

There are others but I don't recall them all right now.  I just came to
the conclusion that some things that I can find are not working quite
like they should and I just went back to KDE 3.5 and will try again later.

I do know some things have been moved and work differently but I noticed
things that didn't work for me at least.  One other thing was that it
changed my login screen.  I liked the old analog clock and it only shows
the digital thingy.  I was told of a workaround but it was to late since
I had already unemerged it that time.  I did spend a good bit of time
with it tho.

It will get there.  Just needs a little more time is all.

Dale

:-)  :-)