[kde-linux] Kword needs fixing, or dropping.

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Tue Feb 17 18:04:43 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 10:02:15 John Culleton wrote:
> I sense that Kword is the forgotten stepchild of the KDE
> family. If no one is available to maintain it perhaps it
> deserves to be dropped from KDE. The last copyright date on
> it was 2006.

The KOffice programs never really lived up to their promise in the 1.x
versions, which is why they have basically been abandoned for work on the
2.x versions, which IIRC are in "Beta 6" right now.  You might try those
versions to see if it is a better experience.

The KOffice team is working hard.  KOffice 2.x may be the most complete and
well-integrated version 2 of any office suite, ever.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))