[kde-linux] KDE 4.2 ROCKS !

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Fri Feb 13 19:52:55 UTC 2009

On Friday 13 February 2009 12:33:58 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Kevin Kempter wrote:
> > Hi all;
> >
> > Just had to throw out my thoughts - KDE 4.2 is awesome !!
> > Hats off to the KDE dev team and everyone who made 4.2 a reality.
>
> Have you tried to print?
>
> Have you tried to remove the battery monitor from the panel?
>
> Seriously, what is the point of this boosterism?  It doesn't change the
> fact that KDE 4.2 still needs a lot of work and Qt 4.4.3 still has
> serious issues.

I've verified the following:

Kmail/Kontact works great

I can print fine to all my printers

I can add/remove items from the panel and the desktop

Music player still works

Openoffice still works

the Knetwork manager seems stable and works quite well

I can change backgrounds and have different images on each of my 2 dual
monitors

I'm quite happy at the moment. Of course its never going to be perfect given
that open source is most always in a development cycle, however I feel that
the KDE team did a top notch job with 4.2.  Hooray!!!