[kde-linux] KMail fancy grouping headers uses the weird (American) date format

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 10 15:49:26 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 February 2009 07:52:22 Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems the grouping headers in KMail does not respect locale settings,
> nor offer the option to configure the date format. As the supplied format
> (MM-DD-YY, I kid thee not) is pretty much unreadable for anyone who didn't
> grow up with it, I hope to be wrong.

Are you absolutely certain that you have your locale set up correctly?  Mine
automatically displays in the British format.

> So... can it be configured anywhere? Preferably to use the ISO format
> (YYYY-MM- DD) but of course still keep the Today/YesterDay/Weekday/Date
> cascade :)

If you can't find the reason for the problem you can at least override it.  Try
(KMail)Settings > Configure KMail > Appearance > Message List tab > Date
Display > Custom Format.  There is a link to formatting  help.