[kde-linux] my thought about kde 4.2

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Fri Feb 6 14:19:26 UTC 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009 at 9:12 am, Randy Kramer penned
about "Re: [kde-linux] my thought about kde 4.2"

> Not directly on point to this post, but whenever this topic comes up I
> like to put my $.02--imho, it would be nice if this aspect of Linux was
> reconsidered and the concept of hidden files done away with, or at
> least, create (at least) two user directory hierarchies, one for "real"
> user data (i.e., containing my files, my music, ...) and another for
> application configuration data (I mean at the personal level).

Why not for your situation, create a symlink from a visible directory
to the dot directory.  This way I get what I want (dot directories)
and you get what you want.  :)

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)