[kde-linux] my thought about kde 4.2

_sc_ toothpik at swbell.net
Fri Feb 6 09:45:12 UTC 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 4:14 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Dolphin is a wolf in sheep's clothing.  It will take you a long time to
> discover all the things it can do, so why not take a shortcut and read
> http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/File_Management

there's probably an obvious answer to this, but the thing i
dislike the most about dolphin is the way it hides "hidden"
files -- this trait reminds me of gnome -- anyway, i saw
nothing about hidden files in the file management tutorial
quoted above

i should probably be specific here:  i am talking about
files and folders for which the first character of the name
is a dot -- perhaps the dolphin community calls them
something other than "hidden" and i've simply been searching
on the wrong keyword

i've searched every menu item, poked everywhere i can find
to poke, and i can't find it

so -- what's the secret?

tia,

sc