[kde-linux] Renicing KDE service daemons

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Feb 5 09:43:08 UTC 2009

Nepomuk has one, akonadi spawns several children for KABC resources, all
taking memory and CPU whether or not any client is using them. KDE4.2, with
all its improvements, seems to slow to a crawl. KMail is a big
victim/offender.

I want this stuff to run niced. And seems to work on fully named processes but
not for regular expression names like akonadi.*

How might one set up niceness in KDE's configs themselves?

And ...If Kmail continues being so unusable, I might have to say goodby to
this otherwize decent app.