[kde-linux] kmail - turn off html?

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Thu Dec 31 21:32:11 UTC 2009

Hi JJ,

On Thursday 31 December 2009 18:08:56 J J Murphy wrote:
> No, (and not meaning to be aggressive or rude) nor is "deflecting"
> the subject and avoiding the questions. I am genuinely interested in
> the answers.

Just my take on this.
Whilst Linux is in general far more secure than Windows,  it is very
easy to embed all manner of things into HTML.   You can put clickable
links into a plain text mail.  But you will have to deliberately click
on it to activate it.  The difference is that the same link can be
automatically used by the rendering engine for HTML without your
knowledge.

The same is true of any scripting, that uses the various mechanisms to
change alter or otherwise modify the behavior of that engine.

Like most users I turn off HTML !  I also impose a strict size limit on
any downloaded mail with no automatic exceptions.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.