[kde-linux] Problems with KAddressBook KDE-4.3.4

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:48:40 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 29 December 2009 21:33:30 Dr. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> Hi all, Hi Duncan,
>
> after installing the new KDE-4 from the scratch, I imported my
> old ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf  to the new home and tryed
> to load the Addresses under KAddressBook 4.3.4.  No way. I
> can, however, import that list with the import vcard
> feature.Then, everythink is OK, until I boot the PC next day.
> Although I saved all things, the old damaged list ( aprox. 5
> addresses from 100 ) shows up. I cannot delete the list, or the
> new program is damaging my new imported list, always in the
> same way.
>
> Is this a bug in kde4 ? It is very annoying !

I've been using my old addressbook with KDE SC4 since 4.0, so in that sense,
no it isn't.  However, to get the right answer for this we definitely need
more detail, as there have been rapid changes over the last few weeks.  So -

Which distro?  Do you have Akonadi running?  If so have you looked at the
Akonadi configuration console? If Akonadi is not involved in this we may need
a whole different batch of questions.  If it is, you should have backup files
- they are created automatically, and have been for years - from which we will
be able to restore functionality.

KDE Community Working Group