[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Rosalind Mitchell enitharmon at golgonooza.co.uk
Fri Dec 25 15:49:11 UTC 2009

On Friday 25 Dec 2009 13:55:20 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2009-12-25, Dale wrote:
> > Duncan wrote:
> > > But I really /do/ believe kde4 will come of age... right about kde 4.5,
> > > and that by 4.6 and 4.7, it's going to be pulling ahead.
> >
> > That's a good way of putting it there.  Question:  Is there really going
> > to be a 4.6 and 4.7?  Surely not.  o_O
>
> I think we can safely expect those two releases to happen. Would be kind of
> weird to directly jump from 4.5 to 4.8 :)

What?  The Powers That Be aren't going to get things just about perfect in 4.5
and then jump straight to a buggy 5.0 because the developers have got new toys
to play with? ;)

But that's just me - who cares little for superficial high-tech frippery and
just wants a smooth and intuitive framework like 3.5.10 for the applications
that really matter - being cynical.

Rosie

--
Currently reading: Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens