[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 25 14:55:26 UTC 2009

On 2009/12/25 14:31 (GMT) Gaffer. composed:

> It seems that people would rather discuss "Digital TV" rather than the
> issue of KDE 3.5 being dropped and KDE 4 being forced on people.
> Shades of Microsoft attitudes...

Few, maybe none, of those now using KDE3 have guns pointed at their heads
forcing them to "upgrade" to a distro version that would replace it with
KDE4. The closest thing to forcing is for those puters running KDE3 to die
and get replaced with newer hardware unsupported by an earlier distro that
offers KDE3. Careful replacement shopping should avoid that problem a while
longer.
--
"   We have no government armed with power capable of
contending with human passions unbridled by morality and

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/