[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 25 11:45:40 UTC 2009

On Friday 25 December 2009 09:53:00 Werner Joss wrote:
> - kde4 is e.g. totally unusable on my 2.2 GHz AMD duron (1 GB RAM, sis
> graphics), and I think there are still lots of comparable pc's out there.
> dumping them all because they can't run a state-of-the-art desktop is just
>  the  well known M$ way of 'progress'.

There are plenty of people running KDESC4 on older hardware, but you can't
expect it to be fast.  My laptop is only 1.6 GHz, and it's certainly usable.
But, as has been said many times, the display card you use will make the
difference between absolutely fine and utter rubbish.  I admit that I did up
my RAM to the maximum 2GB, but that's a low-cost upgrade.  I was working
before the upgrade, but it is certainly smoother with it.

KDE Community Working Group