[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Dec 23 16:33:31 UTC 2009

Stan Goodman posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:15:44 +0200 as excerpted:

> For example, I suspect think if I want a second panel, I would have to
> install it for each desktop individually, and to maintain each one
> separately. Is that a good guess?

It's a reasonable guess, yes, and was my guess as well.  But it turns out
not to be the case.  The panels remain the same on all activities.
Actually, I'd love an option to associate panels with activities, too --
with a corresponding option to simply clone that panel config I have over
there [pointing to it with the mouse], but it's not there yet, at least
not with kde 4.3.