[kde-linux] In KDE4, to set a different background for each of the multiple desktops

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:27:30 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 12:57:16 Stan Goodman wrote:
> e.g. to make the
> translucent window that occupies much of the screen altogether invisible.
> Can I do that?

You haven't done much reading about this, have you?  For a start, there is a
re-size method.  I use 3  folderviews, and in total they take up maybe 15% of
my screen.  They are extremely useful in giving me instant access to remote
directories.  Secondly, you can close the widget.  You can get lots of help
from http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma and http://userbase.kde.org/KWin

KDE Community Working Group