[kde-linux] KDE-4.3.2 settings - Regional & Language

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Dec 21 09:56:12 UTC 2009

Dr. Edgar Alwers posted on Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:24:39 +0100 as excerpted:

> Well, what I did: I had downloaded the KDE source files in three (!)
> versions, due to time problems. So I had KDE-4.3.0, 4.3.1 and 4.3.2
> compiled and combined, and the system was working, Yesterday, I spent
> the day upgrading to 4.3.4, and "Heureka", the problem went away after
> that. So, probably, it was a building error or incompatibility of the
> versions.

Ouch!  That could indeed do it!

> I could not follow all your suggestions, due to this. But I will save
> them and try to learn step by step the strace posibilities.
>
> Duncan, again thank you very much, and I am sure that the next problem
> is already showing up.

Not a problem!  I enjoyed the opportunity to try to get the knowledge out
there, tho obviously I can't do it in that detail for every post I come
across.  I believe I mentioned before the bit about the teacher often
learning more than the student, and here, mainly, I took it as an
opportunity to write down and thus collect in some ordered fashion my own
previously somewhat scattered thoughts on the subject.

> Have nice holydays !

You too... and be safe out there!  There's no reason this last year need
be /your/ last year, and that goes for everyone reading this, too! =:^0