[kde-linux] Thought in desperation

Gmail lars.koraeus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:12:15 UTC 2009

Yes Anne we have tried with SLED.

We also have minHP that did come with preloaded SLED but we had to change to
openSUSE 11.1 as they did, surprisingly, not work very well with the preloaded
system. With the new openSUSE 11.2 everything is very good. The correct
monitor resolution, sound, camera, wireless etc.

The Enterprise distributions are more rigid it do not give us the freedom we
want and need.
I think our problem is that we at the same time develop a lot of different
kinds of embedded Linux systems. We try to use the same platforms in the
office. I gives us experiences and confidence with what we are doing.
We have from time to time looked at other distros to have as a base.
But it will be to complicated to keep different "standards" in mind.
Our dilemma is also that we need to be in the front in our system development.
IE we have waited for features in the latest Linux kernel etc.

/Lars