[kde-linux] Still Impossible to Migrate User to KDE4

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Dec 1 19:58:33 UTC 2009

No matter how I try it: No ~/.kde, copy saved .kde3 to .kde, copy and chown of
successful .kde, no go. Plasma-desktop will not start up (or more accurately,
may run briefly and die before showing anything). The user is in limbo, cannot
even log out.

Kaboom had run a long while back, with the same result. Has not run again.

What to do? (She still uses kde3.5.6 off ~/.kde3 as I set it up. This kde3 was
locally compiled so coexists with kde4 off Debian Sid.)