[kde-linux] update opensuse 11.1 from Kde 4.2.1 to Kde 4.3.0

erich.klose at networld.at erich.klose at networld.at
Mon Aug 31 18:57:49 UTC 2009

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_Factory/

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/KDE4-DEFAULT.ymp
> >  if your browser ask what he should do just say "open with yast
> -package-handler"
> > yast mark by colors red=newest blue=there is newer black=ok
> > if yast will have some problems for installing it's mostly a problem of
> rpm's
> > from factory and/or update server so don't forget to jack the "version" tab
> > solve this problems.
> >
> >> Where can I find more infos
> >>
> >> Thank you very much
> >> Kind Regards
> >> Bernd
> > Greedings and much luck Erich
>

> hi all
>
> today I am ready with update to KDE 4.3.0
> All went well. Many thanks for your help.
>
> By this way, I don't have "DSL", I only can use "ISDN",
> if you know, what I mean.
> In this case it is difficult to find the files for fixations
> to download them (par example ...file need ..file)
> I can't do it automatically, I do it manually.
>
> So I must search the *.rpm for par example libpci.so.3
> or libtag-extras.so.0 without aware the name of the *.rpm
> package, in what the file is in. It would help, the specification
> "file need . . ." would give a piece of data for the name of
> the *.rpm-package, where the needed file can be found.
>
> If anyone ask you for it:
> I must install repeatedly "my factory KDE 4.3.0" with Yast,
> before Yast made really, what I want. No problem, If I know it.
>
> Kind Regards
> Bernd

Normaly if you install youre programms with yast, you don't have to worry about
dependencies. He'll look were he can find the needed liberies.So if I need a
programm wich I can't find by yast, I'll build me a rpm (mstly with the great
scons program) and install it via yast.
So I hope I could help,but I think this question should be on a suse mailinglist
not on the kde one.
Greetings Erich