[kde-linux] update opensuse 11.1 from Kde 4.2.1 to Kde 4.3.0

dalonge at networld.at dalonge at networld.at
Sat Aug 29 07:15:39 UTC 2009

Zitat von erich.klose at networld.at:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_Factory/
> open Yast- softwaremanagment- add Repository- Write your the addr.of the new
> repository !
> >    or/and
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop
> > /openSUSE_11.1
> If you did so, just go for install Software -go for the tab in wich
> iswritten
> "search"-change it for "repository"-now go for the one you like- and on the
> other side of the window you'll see them all.
> > So I learned, that the name of packages are readjust par example
> > from Kde4-kate-4.2.1 . . . .  to kate-4.3.0  .. . . . .   or
> > from Kde4-kfloppy-4.2.1 . . . .  to kfloppy-4.3.0 . . . . .
> >
> > How shall I update / install the packages (I like to use Yast ord rpm)

Yast is using a packagehandler called YUM witch is using the program RPM for
installing.RPM only tells you "i can not" Yum will say "i can not do like this
but could do it like like that you won't so? "
> > What shall I do with the old packages from kde-4.2.1

Yast (YUM) will do it for you
> Or you go for

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/KDE4-DEFAULT.ymp

This is the "one-klick install" from the opensuse side