[kde-linux] Can't browse hosts on LAN with Konqueror 3.5

Toni amontfes at yahoo.es
Fri Aug 28 16:55:58 UTC 2009

Hello.

I run Konqueror 3.5 on OpenSuse 11.1 and I can't browse, even see, other
hosts on LAN. If I launch Konqueror as "superuser" all is OK. Also
smbclient works fine on command line, as normal user, and I can get shares
from all hosts (one Windows, one linux and one media recorder). Finally (I
discovered it yesterday) I can also see and browse hosts with Dolphin 1.1
on kde 4.1.3 as a normal user. Apparently, nothing to do with samba server,
firewall, ports, etc. Is just an issue between samba-client and Konqueror
3.5 (Not tested other versions of Konqueror). Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Regards
Toni