[kde-linux] okular weirdness

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Aug 25 22:33:46 UTC 2009

paul s wrote:
> for a couple of months now i have lived with some weirdness in okular...
> i have removed:
>
> ~/.kde/share/apps/okular
> ~/.kde/share/config/okular*
>
> uninstalled and re-installed most components and dependencies, created
> fresh accounts, yet to no avail am unable to solve this issue...
>
> on this computer my pdf's look as so...
>
> http://queuemail.com/snapshot8.png
>
> and on two other identically configured computers the same pdf looks
> normal...
>
> all are running
> Linux 2.6.29.6-217.2.8.fc11.x86_64 #1 SMP Sat Aug 15 01:06:26 EDT 2009
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> and libraries from these repos...
>
> repo id                   repo name                       status
> fedora                    Fedora 11 - x86_64              enabled:
> fusion                    Compiz Fusion repository        enabled:
> google                    Google - i386                   enabled:
> google64                  Google - x86_64                 enabled:
> kde                       kde                             enabled:
> kde-testing               kde-testing                     enabled:
> rpmfusion-free            RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Free enabled:
> rpmfusion-free-updates    RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Free enabled:
> rpmfusion-nonfree         RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Nonf enabled:
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 11 - Nonf enabled:
> skype                     Skype Repository                enabled:
> updates                   Fedora 11 - x86_64 - Updates    enabled:
>
> i am not running selinux and the only thing i can think of is the video
> card...
>
> C0: radeon driver(snapshot)
> C1: nv driver
> C2: radeon driver
>
> any thoughts or alternate ways of thinking would be appreciated.

Not exactly sure what this is supposed to look like.  Perhaps you could
post the PDF as well.

I am guessing that what you are displaying is a portrait format Letter
or A4 page and that "Fit Width" has caused the page to be displayed too
wide while still showing all of it rather than enlarging the page and
only showing part of if vertically.

I have to say that I do not know what would cause this.

Does it work if you choose a magnification rather than selecting "Fit
Width".

I notice that your screen shot appears to be wide screen.  Do you have a
wide screen display?  And, do the other systems where it works correctly
have a wide screen display?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch