[kde-linux] Setting GUI font size when running KDevelop from commandline

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Fri Aug 7 19:00:06 UTC 2009

In <20090807093039.169980 at gmx.net>, Peter.Neu at gmx.net wrote:
>I'm working with KDevelp on a remote server. My local machine is a win
> box. I tunnel the X-Server output with xming to my windows screen. The
> problem I have is the GUI font size. It's way too small.

Most likely XMing (the X server -- where the graphics are displayed) is
reporting your DPI wrong, since Windows does.

(KDevelop is the X client, even if it is running on a machine that would
normally be referred to as a server.)

> Since I start
> KDevelop from command line there is no way to use kcontrol to control the
> GUI fonts.

You can start kcontrol from the same command-line to do some configuration.

I'm not sure if this will affect other X servers that you use (if any), but
hopefully not.

>Is there a command line parameter I can give KDevelop to display fonts
> bigger?

'kdevelop --help-all' should give you all the options.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))