[kde-linux] screen savers

scott toothpik at swbell.net
Thu Aug 6 18:32:32 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 12:57:33 Louis Hinman wrote:
> > I wonder if it expects the monitor to be in power-saving
> > mode?
>
> My box is a Dell Dimension 8500.  How do you acess the power
> management options?(Please forgive a question that is not
> strictly about KDE, but the no one is responding at
> alt.os.linux.slackware.)

for me (suse 11.1, kde 4.2.4) power settings are accessed via:

    personal settings configure desktop
    power management

i had to tweak the settings there to get it to not require a
password after the screen saver kicked in, as well as to get it
so the screen saver could kick in in the first place

i was suffering from lockups too until i tweaked something -- it
was either the screen saver settings or power settings, not sure
which one actually fixed that

hth,

sc