[kde-linux] Clear screen on konsole

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Thu Apr 30 18:27:47 UTC 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009 11:37, Alain M. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I issue clear om a konsole windows, it only issues a lot o
> new-lines, but if I roll up with <ctrl+PgUp> or the mouse, the old
> text is there
>
> How can I clear all the text in a konsole window???
>
> Thanks,
> Alain

Hello, Alain --

I am running openSUSE 10.2 in the KDE.  When I open Konsole and have
executed at least one command, and have been returned to my prompt, I
enter "clear" (obviously, without the quotation-marks), tap the <Enter>
key, and see that everything has been erased from the window -- except
for a new prompt.  I hope that this helps.  If the problem persists,
you might consider providing more details -- especially distro with
version and an example which can be reproduced.