[kde-linux] Debian 5.0, KDE: getting konqueror to open links from kmail in the background (and not interfere with other behaviors)

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 19:57:30 UTC 2009

On Sunday 05 April 2009 03:17:08 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 05 April 2009 13:58:25 Randy Kramer wrote:
> > Here is the behavior I had (and preferred) on Mandriva2006:
>
> Wouldn't that be Mandriva 9.x?

I don't think so--the installation disks I have are labeled Mandriva
Powerpack 2006, 1 thru 4 of 4.  (These are copies my LUG distributed.)

Reordering the other points for my convenience:

> >    * in kmail, and with an instance of konqueror open on the same
> > desktop, if I click on a link in an email, it is opened in a new
> > tab in the open instance of konqueror (usually anyway--maybe there
> > is some limit to the number of tabs that will be opened that way
> > before a new instance of konqueror is started), and *konqueror
> > remains in the background*.
>
> That has always been a konqueror setting.

So, that is working for you?  I.e., you click on a link in kmail and
konqueror (on the same desktop) opens it in a new tab while remaining
in the background?

If so, what OS are you using (Mandriva?), and what versions of KDE,
konqueror, and kmail are you using?

Randy Kramer

--
I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I created a video
instead.--with apologies to Cicero, et.al.