[kde-linux] Debian 5.0, KDE: getting konqueror to open links from kmail in the background (and not interfere with other behaviors)

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Apr 5 03:42:01 UTC 2009

Randy Kramer wrote:
<SNIP>
> Furthermore, I'm not sure why you mentioned them--is there a place in
> kmail where I can substitute some variation of one of these commands
> (if I found one that did do what I'm looking for) in place of whatever
> command kmail currently invokes to open a link?  If so, where would I
> do that--in a configuration file somewhere, or would I have to modify
> and recompile kmail?

It should be configurable somewhere.  In general, what mail client does
with a link is determined by a file somewhere.  I am using Thunderbird
and I was able to configure it to open links in Konqueror in DeskTop 2
by adding stuff to a file, but wasn't able to get Konqueror to open in a
new tab.

So, you need to RTFM and see how KMail works, or perhaps someone else
can help with the KMail details.

Also, IIUC, it might be possible to write a script that uses DCOP to do
this.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch