[kde-linux] Lazarus and Debian

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Sep 28 04:07:21 UTC 2008

LM--- wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm a user of Debian 4.0/Etch with KDE desktop.
>
> I haven't been able to find "lazarus" on my regular Debian dvds.
> Does it mean that to install it would require me to do a hack of some
> sort, like finding another package, which might not be well supported
> (i.e. managed) by Debian or upgrading to Sid for the purpose of
> installing "lazarus", or would there be a trustworthy deposit where I
> could find it?...

I checked in Synaptic on my Lenny/Sid laptop, it reports Lazarus version
is "testing". My server (running Etch) reports no Lazarus. I suppose you
could add lenny/sid to your repositories, refresh, install Lazarus, then
updated from Etch, it would remove Lazarus?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community