[kde-linux] compiling KDE from source

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Fri Sep 19 17:52:12 UTC 2008

On Friday 19 September 2008 11:23, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2008, KW Armstrong wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone had any luck compiling either KDE 3.5 or KDE
> > 4.1 because I get errors in both.
> >
> > This is my error in KDE 3.5
> >
> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (library
> > qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
> > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
> > Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
> >
> > This is one of the errors from one of the packages from KDE 4.1.1
> >
> > make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> >
> > In a perfect world, I would rather run KDE 3.5 but I'm not sure if my
> > problem there is KDE 3.5 not being able to use qt4.
>
> Yes, exactly!
> As the check above indicates, it needs at least Qt 3.3 and anything not 4.0
> yet.
I'm not sure that's what the error message says; why should the program
complain about "(library qt-mt) not found" if Armstrong didn't have an
acceptable version of Qt?

> Easily solvable by installing Qt3 and its development files (e.g. headers)
I belive Qt3 is installed, but not the qt-mt (multi threading) version.

--
BOFH excuse #361: Communist revolutionaries taking over the server room and
demanding all the computers in the building or they shoot the sysadmin. Poor