[kde-linux] K3B won't burn right?

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Thu Sep 11 18:34:24 UTC 2008

Hi Rex,

On Thursday 11 September 2008 19:00, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Gaffer. wrote:
> > On a hunch I checked the DMA settings.  It seems that the DMA had
> > been switched off after the first DVD had been verified.
>
> iirc, that's a kernel-level thing... when/if dma errors are
> detected, the driver will fallback to turning it off for
> reliability.  ymmv.
>
> -- Rex

Mmm,  Its the only time I have noticed that DMA had been turned off !

I burnt two CD's tonight from "opensuse 11 Live CD iso"  and found the
same thing.  DMA turned off between the first and second burns.

I wonder if there is a bug in the K3B or DMA code ?

Thanks for the response.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.