[kde-linux] K3B won't burn right?

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Wed Sep 10 20:18:40 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I've just discovered another K3B issue !

I had not noticed this before, simply because I don't normally make
more than one CD/DVD burn !  However I needed to make two copies of
the same DVD.  The first one copied, burnt and verified just fine.
It took about 20 minutes.  The second one took nearly two hours to
burn and verify.

On a hunch I checked the DMA settings.  It seems that the DMA had been
switched off after the first DVD had been verified.

Normally I wouldn't have noticed since the DMA is switched on for all
drives during boot up.  Going into YAST and looking at DMA shows that
it has been switched off for the CD/DVD rom drive.  YAST will turn
DMA back on if you re-select it.

--
Best Regards:
             Derrick.