[kde-linux] One keyboard, multiple Linux/Windows machines.

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Sep 1 19:34:55 UTC 2008

James Loughner <jwrl at suddenlink.net> writes:

> I use a KVM switch. It allows switching the keyboard video and mouse
> between multiple machines. No overhead at all on the machines. It is a
> hardware device.

Jim,

As noted on my previous message, I think that a KVM is overkill. It's
very expensive too, as I may need to control more than four machines on
the near future.

I'm thinking on doing the same as I did for Windows: modify a VNC server
so it ignores the display and handles only keyboard and mouse.

However, I'm not sure what VNC implementation to use. It seems that
some of them does not support controlling an existing X session. This
needs more investigation.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Oscar