[kde-linux] Subscription vs Local Subscription in KMail

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Oct 9 09:50:38 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am moving from KDE3 + Thunderbird to KDE4 + KMail.
> I have a GMail account which I want to access through IMAP, but keep the
> messages also in the server. However, I also want to have a local copy
> of them all. I think this is achieved with disconnected IMAP so I set up
> KMail for dIMAP, now what's the difference between subcription and local
> subscription of folders?

My guess is that a local subscription only applies to this one client, while a
normal subscription probably applies to all clients connecting to that
account.

Though you will probably want to ask on kdepim-users (the KDE PIM user and
support mailinglist) to make sure.

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S. yes disconnected IMAP is doing exactly what you want, i.e. having all
mails locally and on the server and synchronizing changes between

KDE user support, developer mentoring