[kde-linux] Kopete: avatars and logs

David J Iannucci xqryvahkzy at punchcutter.ml1.net
Wed Oct 8 16:45:30 UTC 2008

I was very frustrated with what I perceived as faults in Pidgin
(although I had been using Gaim very happily before), and so I have
been trying out Kopete recently.  It shares a "problem" with Pidgin...
some people's avatars don't show up.  I know these people have them...
some of them appear in Pidgin.  Other people's _do_ show up.  What's up
with this?

Also it seems to be lacking a feature Pidgin has: to go back and read
the log of a past conversation with someone, whether or not they are
currently on-line, but in any case without IM'ing them.  It's hard to
imagine this is not possible in a mature IM client like Kopete... am I
just missing it?

Oh, and finally... I am annoyed by all the messages that fill up the
chat window to the effect of "you have now been marked on-line", "you
have now been marked busy", "so-and-so has been marked on-line".  Is
there any way to turn this off?  I looked but can't find it.

Thanks.
Dave