[kde-linux] Kmail Open SuSE 11.0

Gaffer. derrick_s at tesco.net
Thu Nov 20 21:38:04 UTC 2008

Hi Kevin,

On Sunday 09 November 2008 20:01, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2008, Gaffer. wrote:
> > Thanks for your response.  I have to go visit this client
> > tomorrow and find out what is happening.  Its a new install of
> > Open SuSE 11.0 ! The client has moved from 10.1 which he was
> > using without any problems.
> >
> > I must confess that this is a new one for me,  Mail has always
> > worked without problems.  So I've never had to give it any
> > thought !
>
> Never heard of any such problem either.
>
> Since you are on site yourself, keyboard shortcut "v" lets you see
> the source of the currently selected message.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you with further information
about this problem.

Open SuSE 11.00.  KDE 3.5 Desktop.  Kmail 1.9.9.

I have not been able to find any reason why Email, with or without an
attachment but over about 10K in size fails to get sent or possibly
rejected by the SMTP server.

I say rejected because if I copy the mail onto a USB stick and
transfer it to another machine running Open SuSE 10.3 it gets sent
just fine.  Note via a different ISP.  The clients account and ISP is
locked to his phone number.

I have a copy of the headers from a failed send in case you need any
information from it.

Thankyou for your help.

--
Best Regards: