[kde-linux] K-menu has no applications listed -kde 4.1.3 - Gentoo - they seem to have been deleted after I tried to edit the menu with kmenuedit

Lanny Trager lannytrager at verizon.net
Mon Nov 17 03:58:12 UTC 2008

KDE 4.1.3 on Gentoo kernel version doesn't matter I get the problem with
all kernels

I tried to delete some items using kmenuedit - it didn't work - I tried
restore system menu and it seems to have deleted all of the applications
from my menu.

Google has not been my friend on this one

Searching through the mailing lists has not helped

irc was another dead end for me

I found an applications.menu file in ~/.config/menus that looks like the
one I'd like the K-menu to use.

Does anyone know where I need to place this file to get K-menu to read
and use it?

Your help is much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Lanny