[kde-linux] taskbar

Osman Kemal Kadiroglu okkadiroglu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:21:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have upgraded my AMD64/Kubuntu8.04 machine to 8.10. Somehow the task
bar has changed without my involvement. It becomes black and if I move
the cursor on it, after few tries, I can see the panels. The order has
been changed and kickoff disappeared from the very left side of the bar.
I added it as a widget on the desktop but I can not put it in its proper
place. I can not click any operating program on the right hand side of
the task bar since it disappears in very short time. I read the help
pages and tried to do what is said there but I was not successful.
Either the help pages do not mention a remedy for my problem or there is
something else I am missing. Kde3.5 was very easy in controlling the
desktop. I think kde4 needs some ironing. I would be pleased if you tell
me what to read  or to do.

Many thanks for the help

Best regards

--