[kde-linux] sylpheed -> kmail 4.1.3, threads screwed

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Mon Nov 10 11:01:28 UTC 2008

Hello,

I wanted to test how kmail has developed in the last few months so I backed up
all my mail and compiled kmail.

It's all nice and working for the most part but I can't seem to make it show my
threads correctly, which is a major issue if you consider that some folders host
more than 60k mails.

This would render kmail unusable for me, so I wanted to know if I am doing
something wrong, or it's that the kmail and sylpheed schemes are just incompatible.

Kmail imported the mail from my sylpheed mailbox without any major problem, and
I can see the mail in kmail once it's imported.

http://jesgue.homelinux.org/other-files/kmail.jpg

In that screenshot you can see how my lists are messed up, and the options I
selected in my config regarding lists. I've tried to turn on/off many of them
and nothing changed in this regard. This is how I see the same list in sylpheed:

http://jesgue.homelinux.org/other-files/sylph.jpg

Some lists, like the vimperator one, seems to be ok (though I haven't checked
if it's correctly sorted, but at least I can see the arrow on the left ">",
telling me that there's a thread in there).

Is there anything I am missing or does anyone know of a method to migrate
in a relatively painless way?

Cheers and thanks ;)
--
Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj at terra.es>