[kde-linux] CD Burning Tool for KDE4

Dale rdalek1967 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 18:10:02 UTC 2008

Beso wrote:
> 2008/11/8 Dale <rdalek1967 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Beso wrote:

>>> it's been there for quite a lot but there hasn't been a real release.
>>> so if you want to use it you'll have to go to here
>>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/multimedia/k3b/ and get from
>>> there (it's not difficult to get a svn manually and on kde.org there's
>>> an how-to) and get it. then you'lljust have to do a cmake <options>
>>> (indicated in the how-to), then make and then make install and you'll
>>> have the new k3b working.
>>>

>> Well I use Gentoo so I always wait for it to hit the portage tree. I'm
>> just glad it is in the works.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-) :-)
>>
> on the kdesvn overlay there's an ebuild for it (paludis only overlay).
> you might search on the forums to see if there's another ebuild for
> portage. i'm sure someone has done it also for portage.

Oh, I'm still using KDE 3.5 at the moment. I just use k3b a lot so I was
hoping a new KDE 4 version would be released. I'm on dial-up and I like
to let the updates sort of settle a bit before I upgrade. I'm sure right
now the releases are pretty regular and may be quite sizable at times.

Ain't Linux better than windoze tho. :-D Always something new coming out.

Dale

:-) :-)