[kde-linux] Can't Insert Emoticon's in KMAIL 1.9.10

vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Sat Nov 8 09:16:56 UTC 2008

Can anyone help?

I recently installed the Kontact package & am very impressed with all
the features that I've so far discovered - ex Evolution & currently
Thunderbird user.

However, a small feature that I've become spoiled with in Thunderbird, is the
emoticon. Which I cannot get to work in KMail, in fact I can't even find them!

In KMail I went into settings, selected "config KMail-appearance-message
window" & checked the "replace smiley's by emoticons" box.

The system I'm using is ubuntu 8.04 & not kubuntu. Will this make a difference
or possibly be the cause of this problem? - I hope not, as I'm really
impressed with the total Kontact package.

Thanks in advance
Vince