[kde-linux] Longstanding printing problems in KDE4

Bruce Miller subscribe at brmiller.ca
Fri Nov 7 22:38:30 UTC 2008

Anne, Thanks for the quick reply.

I have an HP printer. To the
best of my knowledge, the non-printable areas on LaserJet printers have
not changed since I first used the *_original_* LaserJet back in 1986.
They are 0.5" on each of top and bottom and 0.25" on each of left and
right (of a US Letter "portrait" page).

In order to be less
harsh on trees, I set up a virtual PDF printer with CUPS. That is where
I now test my printing problems with KDE. They occur there too.
 --
Bruce Miller, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
bruce at brmiller.ca; (613) 745-1151

Traduttore traditore