[kde-linux] kde-kiosk help needed

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu May 29 19:06:22 UTC 2008

Hi all,

kde-kiosk [1] is a mailinglist dedicated to KDE's Kiosk framework which can be
used to lock down what users are allowed to use or configure on the desktops
and in their applications, but also have different settings depending on
environment variables or output of a script or program.

This options are not only interesting for kiosk type setups, e.g. public
webbrowsing stations, but also in centrally managed KDE deployments.

I know that a couple of people on this lists I am writing this to are in fact
using KDE and such options in such scenarios, which is why I would like to
ask you folks to also subscribe to the kde-kiosk list to help others also
interested in this particular technology.

The list itself is very low traffic, about 20 messages this month and only 8
in April, so it will not take away lost of your time and you will benefit in
having a special interest group matching or mostly overlapping with your
interests as far as KDE is concerned.

Thanks,
Kevin