[kde-linux] Kaffeine cannot play wmv files

Dale dalek1967 at bellsouth.net
Wed May 28 09:41:25 UTC 2008

Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2008 13:32:32 GMT, Beso wrote:
>
>> 2008/5/27 Wolfgang Mueller <wm at ariannuccia.de>:
>>
>>> I have SuSE 10.1 with KDE 3.5.1 Level "a" and Kaffeine 0.7.1.
>>>
>>> To any attempt to play a wmv file Kaffeine answers:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Where can I find the missing plugin and how do I install it?
>>>
>> win32codecs from mplayer repository should have you fix the
>> issue. just be sure to add its directory to the codecs plugins
>> directory inside xine configuration.
>>

> But my operating system is Linux, not Windows (see above)!
>

>> dott. ing. beso
>>

> Ciao, Wolfgang

Yep, he knows you are using Linux.  Gentoo Linux reporting in here.

root at smoker / # eix win32codecs
[I] media-libs/win32codecs
     Available versions:  20071007-r2 {real}
     Installed versions:  20071007-r2(07:51:19 AM 04/08/2008)(-real)
     Homepage:            http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
playback support

root at smoker / #

It appears I have it installed here and there is NO windoze here either.

Dale

:-)  :-)