[kde-linux] konqueror:main and location toolbars no more on the same line

Rafael F. Compte rfcompte at gmail.com
Tue May 20 22:14:56 UTC 2008

El DÍA May 20 2008 15:42:59 Anne Wilson escribió:

> > > Don't know - I already had a look at the settings, but found nothing
> > > appropriate :(
> >
> > It's hotmail, I have the same problem. For instance, it is easier to read
> > if you click on the html attachment on kmail. The problem is that hotmail
> > sends an akward html code for formatting, but you probably know that.
>
> Can hotmail be set up to send and receive through kmail, as gmail can?  If
> that's possible it would make things a lot easier.
>
> Anne

Unfortunately you can't. Not with Kmail. You can set up gmail and yahoo mail,
because they support imap (only gmail that I know) and pop (both). Hotmail
doesn't. They used to have a special Hotmail service that was paid for that
could allow you to receive your messages in your mail client's inbox. But I
don't know for sure if it still exists, I never wanted to give them my money.

Currently the only client (AFAIK)  that can be set up to receive mail from a
hotmail account is Mozilla Thunderbird, that is if you install the Webmail
extension. But that stops working every few months, because Microsoft changes
its protocol and breaks it, then you have to wait for the update... That is
more or less the situation.